At the core of the Clean & Colorful Kitchen is a deeply rooted love of vegetables and passion for preparing them in a way that our customers are excited to eat. We work hard to do this weekend after weekend because we strongly believe the world would be a better place if people simply just ate more vegetables.
When you eat more veggies, you’ll naturally eat LESS of everything else like processed foods, meat and dairy and your body will start to feel stronger, healthier and cleaner almost instantly. It’s almost like magic!
This is why we’re so excited to bring you the MeatLESS March Challenge! An opportunity to eat more veggies, save money, get out of your kitchen, support a healthy planet and feel great!
What is the MeatLESS March Challenge?
It’s simple. It’s an opportunity to eat LESS meat. You don’t have to go all vegetarian or vegan to take this challenge, you just make a decision and a commitment to eat LESS meat. The improvement in human health and the enviornment is not “something or nothing,” it’s an “every bit helps” and swapping just one traditional meat meal with a meatless option can have a significant positive impact.
We know getting your veggies in can be hard. Trust us, we know EXACTLY how much work goes into shopping, washing, chopping and cooking up or plant powered magic pills in a way that is interesting, delicious and simply fun to eat. So let us do the work for you. After one year of operation, we’re getting pretty good at it!
Our vegetarian entrees are already only $11 but to encourage more people to eat more this month, we’re knocking 10% off for those who make the MeatLESS commitment: 4 Weeks, 5 Vegetarian Entrees per Week for just $200 ($10 per meal)*.
Why would you take the MeatLESS March Challenge?
There really is only an upside to the MeatLESS March Challenge. I mean, you’re going to feel better, try new foods, support a healthier planet, save money and by gosh, you may even lose some weight! Here are some fun numbers facts for you to mull over as you make this decision, some of them are simply mind boggling…
- Those following a vegetarian diet have been shown to have lower rates of heart disease, certain cancer, and diabetes. #micdrop.
- Did you know there are approximately 1,000 to 2,000 species of plants are edible by humans? Vegetables can be way more interesting that lettuce and cucumbers, we promise! Going meatless will challenge you to try veggies you may not have even known were delicious!
- Raising meat uses a LOT of water. It takes 1,799 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef (insert eye bulging emoji). That’s like flushing the toilet an extra 360 times per day just for fun.
- Meat is an inefficient use of grain. Roughly 40 percent of the domestic used grains goes into feeds a it takes roughly 7 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of beef. On the flip side of obesity, we also battle with hunger in this country so you can see where meat only adds to our problems.
- Research shows that vegetarians spend on average $750 less per year than meat eaters. So that’s like putting $63 bucks back in your pocket this month.
- Calorie for calorie, broccoli and cauliflower have as much protein as meat but come with bonus vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and of course fiber. Filling up on fiber rich and high nutrition ROI foods is the best way to naturally and sustainably lose weight.
How do you get started on the MeatLESS March Challenge?
- Make a decision and a commitment by liking and posting on our Facebook page that you are IN! Share what you’re looking forward to and maybe even your favorite vegetarian recipe. We’ll be posting fun facts and tips on Facebook and Instagram all month long! Be sure to use hasthag #CCKmeatLESS
- Make your commitment real and sign up for discounted veggie meals* all month long! Get started here! Scroll down to the MeatLESS march option.
- Eat your veggies! Whether they are from our kitchen, yours or your favorite restaurant. Look for meatless options and share with us by tagging us in Facebook or Instagram every time you eat MeatLESS and we’ll share the love! Be sure to use hasthag #CCKmeatLESS
- Grab a buddy and get them to commit to loving more veggies with you this month. Accountability is always key and it’s way more fun to have a friend in the game with you.
Note: You don’t have to order from our kitchen to participate in this challenge. We are EOLOV (Equal opportunity lovers of all veggies!)
Benefits and perks of the MeatLESS March Challenge?
- Weekly giveaways! Yup, you read that right. We’ll be doing weekly giveaways from our kitchen and from our preferred vendors. All you have to do is eat your veggies and let us know and play along with the specifics and you’ll be good to go!
- GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY: The MeatLESS March Challenger who eats the most veggies in lieu of meat (and shares on social media by tagging us @cleanandcolorfulkitchen and using hasthag #CCKmeatLESS so we know who you are!) will get the CCK GRAND PRIZE!! We’ll be giving away our digital nutrition program plus a $60 gift card at the end of the month. That’s $100 value as a bonus on top of how great you’re going to feel about yourself and your healthy, environmentally friendly efforts this month!
Just think…how many cows, chickens, green house gas emissions and gallons of water can you save this March by eating LESS Meat?
Use this Meat Calculator to find out now!
*Details on MeatLESS March Special Promotion: purchased as a gift certificate for $200 with a $220 value that is applied as an account credit and must be redeemed before 4/6.
For more information, comment on this post or call text us directly at 858) 264-2872