Have a question? Awesome! We have an answer!
You’re not the first one to wonder that…
Whether you’re considering joining the Clean & Colorful Kitchen community or are a VIP client, chances are, you’re going to have a question at some point along the road. Here you’ll find a collection of questions from new, potential and current clients just like you. Have a question that’s not answered? Send us a note and we’ll get back to you ASAP! We’re a healthy meal prep delivery service in San Diego that loves taking care of our customers!
Q: How do I place an order?
A: Placing an order is a very simple DIY process you can manage online!
- Head to our website and click on the VIEW PLANS section of the top menu bar or START ORDER our home page..
- Select the plan that fits your lifestyle best and click JOIN under the plan you select.
- Enter your name, mobile number, email and any dietary preferences. Click CREATE ACCOUNT
- Your mobile phone will be sent a log-in token (password). Enter the code and you’ll be taken to the Menu.
- Select your entrees (minimum 3) and which size (regular, plus, family) and any meal options.
- Scroll to the bottom and review all the breakfast and side options as well as other menu upgrades. Our menu changes weekly, so always scroll all the way down!
- After you’ve made all your menu selections, click the button at the bottom of the screen, COMPLETE ORDER.
- Select your delivery option. You can always pick up in our kitchen for free and we’d love to meet you! Click NEXT.
- Review your order by scrolling down. Enter any discount codes. Enter your payment information and click PLACE ORDER.
- Your card will be charged the day you first place your order and every Friday at 1pm thereafter unless you skip, pause or cancel your subscription.
Q: Do I have to pick the food for my weekly order?
A: It depends. If you select the One-Time Order plan, yes you will need to make selections each week or we will not process an order for you. The goal of the Subscribe & Save Plan is a set it and forget it system. If you don’t make selections on that plan, our software will use your order history and automatically place an order for you.
- Once you’re subscribed, managing your account is super easy! You’ll be sent a text message each Wednesday with a reminder that our menu is published and you have until Friday at 1pm to confirm your order.
- Click on the link in the text message (or email if you’ve changed your preferences in your account) and it will automatically log you into your account.
- Note the system will auto-populate a suggested oder based on your dietary preferences and prior week’s order. You can easily override any suggestions and add any menu upgrades like smoothies, soups, salads, snacks and sweets.
- Click confirm order and you’re all set! Note, if we don’t hear from you, you will get one more reminder on Friday at 10am. If we still don’t hear from you, the system suggested order will be processed Friday at 1pm and it will be ready for you Sunday at 4:30pm.
Q: Can I skip a week or two or three?
A: Of course! Our primary goal is to help you eat more veggies, but only when you want them. It breaks our hearts to see our veggie ninja meals go to waste by accidentally preparing orders. That’s why we’ve made it super simple to skip your order anytime you need to. Simply follow the steps below:
- When you get the weekly text message on Wednesday (or Friday) simply click on the link and click on the green SKIP link at the top of the page.
- That’s it!
We weren’t kidding when we said it was easy! You’d be surprised how many of our clients only order from our kitchen every few weeks, but stay subscribed because they appreciate the ease, flexibility and inspiration from our menu.
Q: Can I pause my account for a certain length of time?
A: You bet! If you know you’re going to be out of town for more than one week and don’t want to see the weekly text reminders, it’s easy to pause your account. Just follow the instructions below:
- Log into your account and click the three bars in the upper right hand side of the screen, then click YOUR NAME ACCOUNT. This will open your main account page where you can see any active subscriptions you have, order details and profile details.
- Click on PLAN SETTINGS next to the subscription you want to pause.
- You’ll see an option to enter a date to pause your account until. Be sure to select the Monday BEFORE you want your order so that it can process on Friday and we can prepare it over the weekend. If you enter the actual date you want the order, you won’t receive it until the following week.
Q: Do the meals vary each week?
A: Yes! We cook five different entrees each week, three vegan, two traditional and one from each color group (red, orange, yellow, green, indigo). We also prepare three different breakfasts as well; one hot, one cold and a mighty muffin. Our menu can rotate on a 5-6-week basis, however we do bring more popular entrées back more frequently. This is why it’s so important to tell us about the entrees you love so they can make it back on the menu quicker.
Q: Can I change my order once I’ve set up a subscription?
A: You sure can! Each week you’ll have the option to select exactly what you want in your order and we’ll custom cook it for you. You can order three meals one week and 30 the next, it’s totally up to you and what fits your lifestyle. You have until Friday at 1pm to continue to make changes. Any modifications made after the order is processed need to be done manually by a CCK employee, so please message us ASAP!
Q: How do I place large orders meals for my corporate office or special event?
A: You can order off our regular menu and select the number of meals and portions you need and simply enter your office address. We’ll deliver the meals Monday afternoon. If you have a very large request (more than 25 meals) and need it delivered on a different day, simple contact us and we’ll follow-up to coordinate the details.
Q: Can I order just smoothies without a meal package?
A: You sure can! Both of our plans, One-Time Order and Subscribe & Save allow you to order chef’s choice smoothies, a la carte smoothies or even specific flavors of smoothies! Just scroll to the Smoothies, Detox & Vitality section of the menu.
Q: Can the Clean & Colorful Kitchen help me lose weight?
A: The primary goal of the Clean & Colorful Kitchen is to make healthy eating easier forever! We want to fill the gap for folks who lack the skill, the will or the time to cook veggie heavy foods every week. We create clean and delicious food from scratch that is designed to help you look better, feel better, increase energy and reduce disease. But of course, the more of it you eat in lieu of junky food, the more likely you are to lose weight! Because nutrition needs and weight loss goals vary for everybody, we’d like to help you create the package that is the best fit for you. Here are some things to consider:
- Are you looking for a quick detox kit that will get your results this week or a longterm solution to help you build sustainable healthy habits?
- How many calories do you need to consume to lose weight?
- How much cooking do you want to do vs. how much food would you like to receive from the kitchen?
- How long will it take you to safely loose the weight? We suggest a healthy rate of weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week (or 1% of your current body weight).
- Would you like to receive any nutrition or accountability coaching along with your weekly order?
Once you’ve considered these points, contact us for help designing a custom program that is best for you. We do offer discounts on large orders week packages that are paid for in advance to help encourage you to stick to, and reach your goals!
Q: How do I order just a detox?
A: It’s really easy. First, decide which detox you’d like by learning about our kits here. Then either start a One-Time Order or Subscribe & Save Plan and scroll to the Smoothies, Detox & Vitality section of our menu. Select the number of days of the detox you want and complete your order like normal. We’ll have it ready for you by Sunday at 4:30.