What’s better than an easy weekend morning with time to relax with some coffee and cook up a big, yummy, clean and colorful breakfast!? This Sweet Potato Turkey Hash is one of our all-time favorites! It looks complicated and fancy, yet it’s so simple to make and requires just a few, easy to find ingredients.
A Little Color Goes a Long Way…
This breakfast is hearty and satisfying and a way to level up the traditional pancakes, bacon and eggs. This nutritionally dense meal is loaded with color and the phytochemical power boost that comes with it! Just a few simple swaps to increase your veggie consumption can go a long way towards living a healthier lifestyle and might even help you lose a few pounds! By adding color to our lives you’ll be thrilled with how pretty your food is and and your body will be brimming with more natural energy.
Delicious Turkey & Sweet Potato Hash Breakfast Recipe
Sweet potato hash is always one of my favorite meals to make for breakfast. Plus it’s a crowd pleaser! This sweet potato hash features a variety of colors, locally raised organic turkey from Foster Farms in addition to some pretty delicious over easy eggs for added nutrition, protein and flavor. The macronutrient profile of this dish will help keep you full and satisfied for hours making it a great breakfast or brunch for long weekend days!
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- 12 oz Foster Farms 93% Lean Organic Ground Turkey
- 4 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 5 Organic Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 1/2″ cubes.
- Dice the onion, bell pepper, green onions.
- Mince the garlic.
- Add the potatoes to a large sauce pan of salted boiling water and simmer until tenter. Train and dry completely on paper towels. Add to a heated skillet with 2 Tbsp oil. Cook until browned and crispy.
- In a separate skillet, heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet add garlic, onion and red peppers saute for 3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes, until opaque. season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the turkey, peppers and onions and stir until well combined.
- Make 4 divots in the hash and crack eggs and place the skillet in the oven for 5-7 minutes to cook the eggs.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with oregano, divide into 4 equal portions and serve!
Nutrition Facts: Serves 4: 312 calories, 13g fat, 4g fiber, 3g sugar, 25g protein
Nutrition highlights: Sugar Conscious, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Red Meat Free, Crustacean Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sesame Free, Lupine Free, Mollusk Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added, No Sugar Added, Kosher
What Brand of Ground Turkey do we use in our Kitchen?
We don’t use a lot of animal protein, but when we do, we use the best! We’ve formed a relationship with Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey because they are the only California-grown, organic, fresh ground turkey and is 93% lean – a healthy, nutritious and lean source of protein. Foster Farms Organic Turkey is USDA-Certified Organic, raised free-range on organic land and fed an organic vegetarian diet with no antibiotics ever. It is 100% natural with no added hormones or steroids and no GMOs. They are based in California’s Central Valley, and has been family owned and operated for more than 75 years.
Become a VIP Subscription client with the Clean & Colorful Kitchen and we’ll be sure to hook you up with vouchers ($9.99 value!) so you can make this turkey & sweet potato hash recipe on your next easy weekend morning!