With the holidays looming, and plant based eating on the rise, we figured you’d want access to the best holiday vegan recipe, our Holiday Harvest Bowl! We’ve been cooking a seasonal harvest bowl since we opened our kitchen in early 2017. We swap out the veggies based on the season and serve them up roasted with protein packed quinoa and a delicious harvest tahini sauce.
This Holiday Harvest Bowl is a special edition just for the Holiday Season featuring seasonally appropriate roasted veggies served up with a side of our from scratch, CCK Orange Cranberry Sauce.
This holiday vegan recipe is the perfect side dish to any of your celebratory meals and also great to make any given Sunday to load yourself up with deliciously prepped vegges for the week! The ingredients are easy to find and you and your guests will appreciate not just how great these veggies taste, but how great they feel after they eat them!
Holiday Vegan Recipe: Holiday Harvest Bowl Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs Acorn Squash
- 1 lb Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs Broccoli
- 8 oz Dried Quinoa
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 8 oz Fresh Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 Orange (1 tbsp Zest + 3 Tbsp Juice)
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Prep The Veggies: Chop broccoli into 1″ florets. Peel and slice the potatoes with a mandoline (or dice into 1/2″ pieces). Remove coarse stems from Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Cut the squash in half and then into medallions. Toss them in olive oil, salt, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Roast the Veggies: Spread the acorn squash and roast them in a preheated oven at 400 for 10 minutes. Add remaining veggies to baking sheets and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, toss to test doneness and roast for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on how crisp or soft you like your veggies.
- Make the Quinoa: Rinse Quinoa and add to a sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cover and let cook until water is absorbed and the quinoa is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Make the Cranberry Sauce: Rinse the cranberries, remove squishy ones. Zest and juice the orange. Add cranberries, water, orange juice and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 5-10 min, until cranberries pop and the sauce is thick enough. Remove from heat, stir in orange zest and cinnamon.
- Add the roasted veggies and quinoa to a large casserole dish in rows if serving for a party or plate individually if you’re saving them for the week.
- Keep the cranberry sauce in a separate dish, on the side.
- This recipe will serve 6 as an entree or 8-12 as a side dish depending on how many sides you have with your dish.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days!